Legislative Action Watch (L.A.W.) alerts inform our members of New England state and national legislation that may impact the promotional products industry and our livelihoods. Through templates provided by Promotional Products Association International (PPAI) it’s easy to ask our elected officials to understand the effects of their actions on us, to persuade them to help us and to show our support when we benefit from their actions.
- Federal and state statistics you can use when advocating for the industry
- How to be legislatively active
- Guide to contacting political officials and strategies to employ
- Become a Grassroots Representative
- Support the Promotional Products Industry
- Tariffs Pose Harm to the Promotional Products Industry
- Global Value Chains and the Promotional Products Industry
- Preserve Deductibility of Advertising Expentitures
- Independent Contractors and the Promotional Products Industry
- Support the Save Local Business Act
In September, U.S. businesses paid $4.4 billion in tariffs, up more than 50 percent from the same month last year according to industry group Tariffs Hurt The Heartland. Exports of U.S. products hit by retaliatory tariffs dropped by 26 percent, or $2.5 billion, compared to September 2017.
Tariffs Hurt The Heartland, working with consulting firm Trade Partnership to calculate the costs using
- Distributor Sales Revenue: $1.378.8 Billion
- Supplier Sales Revenue: $1.591.9 Billion
- Industry Jobs: 17,855
See the link for individual state statistics.
See disclaimers on page 14.
government data, says that U.S. companies paid approximately $545 million in steel and aluminum tariffs in September, and $800 million for Chinese products, despite most of these tariffs not going into effect until the end of the month.
Read more>> on Tariffs and these topics:
Department of Labor Proposes Change To Retirement Plans
USTR Denies De Minimis Waivers Under Generalized System of Preferences
The Get In Touch! campaign, spearheaded by PPAI, is an industry-wide branding initiative to increase the awareness and enhance the overall perception of promotional products and communicate the benefits of working with promotional consultants to advertising buyers.
PPAI provides resources that suppliers, distributors and multi-line representatives need to know about product responsibility.